We partnered with Schrödinger to integrate with the Looking Glass so that users of their platform could view and share structures in 3D without headsets or glasses. Follow these quick steps, and you will be viewing 3D molecules in no time!
- Download HoloPlay Service
HoloPlay Service is our essential software that facilitates communication between your computer and any connected Looking Glass. You must have HoloPlay Service installed to run any applications or tools.
2. Plug in Looking Glass display and check your display settings
Using a Looking Glass is like using a holographic second monitor. To ensure you are using yours correctly, confirm that:
- Display resolution is set to 3840 x 2160 for the Looking Glass 15.6” or 2560 x 1600 for the Looking Glass 8.9”
- Display scale is set to 100%
To test your setup, check out our getting started guide.
3. Launch PyMOL (2.4.0 or later) or Maestro (2020-2 or later)
Once you are connected and set up, your workspace should appear in your Looking Glass automatically. Use your mouse to rotate, zoom in, and explore 3D molecules in holographic form. Simple as that!
Head over to our website to complete your drug discovery workflow with a Looking Glass, and put the third dimension at your fingertips.